TeacherSherpa, Inc. Copyright Policy
Last Modified: June 23, 2016
You must abide by the copyright restrictions imposed by authors of the works offered by TeacherSherpa. We discuss some of your rights and those restrictions below. For more information on Creative Commons licensing, please see: http://www.creativecommons.org. Note that some restrictions may be on individual works while others may apply to entire collections of works.
You may download and print the Classroom Materials for noncommercial, educational use. For ease of reference, Classroom Materials are those materials provided by TeacherSherpa to you through the Website. You also have a limited right to share with other educators for noncommercial, educational purposes. You may not rent, sell, or distribute for compensation, monetary or otherwise, the Classroom Materials unless specifically authorized to do so by us.
Classroom Materials you Make
If you have a Free or Premium membership account, you may access to obtain the non-exclusive right to use the Classroom Materials to create new, derivative, unique works, which you may then download, print and share, subject to the Created Materials permissions below.
New Template: If you create new, unique works using elements that are dedicated to the public domain or under the CC0 Creative Commons license or similar license that allows sale or distribution without restriction by its authors, you may use your new, derivative, unique works for sale, distribution, licensing, sharing or any other use.
Duplication/Edit Template: If you duplicate a template and create new, derivative works using elements that allows distribution without restriction by its authors, you may use your new, derivative work for modification, sharing, and distribution for educational purposes or for purposes with sharing with other TeacherSherpa users but not for sale, distribution, licensing, sharing or similar use for commercial purposes.
Any User Contribution you post to the site for sharing or for social media purposes will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You may be able to impose some restrictions by either the author of elements you incorporate or by yourself as we may enable from time to time, but you must have the right to restrict to limit the rights to such works. Subject to any restrictions you impose, by providing any User Contribution on the Website, you grant us and our users, and our respective licensees, successors and assigns the right to use, reproduce, modify, display, distribute and otherwise disclose to third parties any such material. You may have the ability to designature certain works as “Public” meaning you grant a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free right to use, reproduce, modify, display, and distribute to others. Such Public works may be used by other Users to duplicate, print, download or edit. Such Public works may also be distributed by you, others or TeacherSherpa for purposes of promotion, the Referral Program and related purposes.
If you should later change the designation from Public to “not Public,” the work will no longer be displayed as an available Public work through the Website; however, such removal shall not be a revocation of any previous grant and/or license. Users who have downloaded, printed, duplicated or otherwise modified the works will continue to be able to use such work as if it is still designated Public.
You represent and warrant that:
- You own or control all rights in and to the User Contributions and have the right to grant the license granted above to us and our and our respective licensees, successors and assigns.
You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for any User Contributions you submit or contribute, and you, not TeacherSherpa, have fully responsibility for such content, including its legality (including any intellectual property rights you need to submit or contribute), reliability, accuracy and appropriateness.
We are not responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any User Contributions posted by you or any other user of the Website.
You also agree not to:
- Post large amounts of unwanted or repetitive stuff, post unsolicited commercial messages in comments, descriptions, etc., or try to artificially boost views, likes, comments or other metrics. You also can't use cloaking, off-domain redirects, or any other technical measures to do any of these, or to intentionally obscure a link’s final destination
- Use off-domain redirects for third party tracking
- Use affiliate links that create a confusing experience for other users.
- Use meta tags, hidden text or metadata with our trademark, logo, URL or product name without our written consent
- Share your password, let anyone access your account or do anything that might put your account at risk
- Sell your username or otherwise transfer it for compensation
- Run a contest or promotion
Monitoring and Enforcement; Termination
You may flag works on the Website as inappropriate by clicking on the flag icon associated with the work.
We have the right to:
- Remove or refuse to post any User Contributions for any or no reason in our sole discretion.
- Disclose your identity or other information about you to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy.
- Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Website.
If we terminate your access, account, or refuse to post any User Contributions, you are not entitled to a refund for Fees paid, for Credits or any other compensation whatsoever.
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the Website. YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSEES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING OR AS A RESULT OF ITS INVESTIGATIONS AND FROM ANY ACTIONS TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER THE COMPANY OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
However, we cannot review all material before it is posted on the Website, and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications or content provided by any user or third party. We have no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this section.
We appreciate hearing from you, as well as our other users, and welcome your comments regarding our Website. Please be advised, however, that our policy does not permit us to accept or consider creative ideas, suggestions, or materials other than those which we have specifically requested. Although we do value your feedback on our Website, please be specific in your comments regarding our services and do not submit creative ideas, suggestions or materials. If, despite our request, you send us creative suggestions, ideas, drawings, concepts or other information (collectively, the "Submissions"), such Submissions will be the property of TeacherSherpa, Inc. In addition, none of the Submissions will be subject to any obligations of confidentiality and we will not be liable for any future use or disclosure of such Submissions.
These content standards apply to any and all User Contributions and use of Interactive Services. User Contributions must in their entirety comply with all applicable federal, state, local and international laws and regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, User Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable.
- Promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, age or any other protected class under the laws of the United States.
- Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person.
- Violate the rules and regulations of any educational institution to which you are subject
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be likely to bully any person.
- Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act.
- Promote self-harm, eating disorders or hard drug abuse.
- Include hate speech.
- Cause annoyance, inconvenience or anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization.
- Involve commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes and other sales promotions, barter or advertising.
- Give the impression that you originate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity, if this is not the case.
Reliance on Information Posted
The information presented on or through the Website is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
This Website includes content provided by third parties, including materials provided by other users, third-party licensors, and public domain sources. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by TeacherSherpa, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of TeacherSherpa. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
If you believe that any User Contributions violate your copyright, please see below for instructions on sending us a notice of copyright infringement. It is the policy of TeacherSherpa to terminate the user accounts of repeat infringers.
COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT CLAIM NOTICE AND PROCEDURE
Notification of a copyright infringement claim must be submitted to the following:
Address: 1250 Capitol of Texas Hwy South
Bldg 3, Ste 400, Austin, Texas 78746
The notification must be in writing and include:
- A signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of each alleged infringing copyrighted work or works;
- Identification of the allegedly infringing material and information reasonably sufficient to enable us to locate such material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to enable us to contact the party complaining of an alleged infringement (e.g. an address, telephone number, and email address);
- A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the allegedly infringing material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.